Makes 12 slices
3 cup Almond Meal
2 teaspoon Baking Powder
0.5 cup Natvia
0 Pinch of Salt
0.33 cup Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1.5 cup Milk of your own choice
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
125 g Melted Butter
0.25 cup Natvia
1 cup Strawberries
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
0.25 Cold Water
1 cup Whipping Cream
2 tablespoon Natvia
0.5 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat Oven to 160°C.
- In a large bowl, add the 3 cups Almond Flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 cup Natvia, pinch of salt, and 1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the 3 eggs.
- In another seperate container, add 1 & 1/2 cups milk of your own choice, and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Add the whisked eggs, and the vanilla milk to the main mixing bowl of dry ingredients.
- Add 125g melted butter & stir the mixture. Add more milk whilst stirring until the consistency of the batter has become a cake like, wet mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into a baking tray and spread out evenly.
- Place cake mixture in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes at 160°C.
- Add 1 cup of fresh strawberries, and 1/4 cup Natvia to a saucepan.
- Boil the mix and place a lid on top and let simmer until the strawberries have somewhat thickened.
- In a seperate bowl, add 1 tbsp cornstarch, and 1/4 cup cold water. Whisk until combined.
- Continue to whisk the strawberry mixture vigorously, whilst adding the cornstarch and water mix - ideally with an electric whisker.
- Take the cake out of the oven, and let it cool for several minutes.
- Use a straw to poke holes evenly around the cake - approx. 3 - 4cm apart.
- Pour the finished strawberry mixture onto the top of the cake and evenly spread around.
- Drop the cake tin several times to fill out the space in the holes.
- Place in the fridge to cool for 1 hour.
- In a seperate large mixing bowl, add 1 cup whipping cream.
- Add 2 tbsp Natvia & 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract to the cream.
- Beat the mixture until it has become fluffy and formed peaks.
- Once the cake has cooled for 1 hour, remove from the fridge.
- Spread the creamy topping over evenly across the top of the cake.
- Decorate the top of the cake with thinly sliced fresh strawberries.
- Enjoy one of Natvia's tastiest Sugar Free Dessert Recipes!