Nuttvia Oat Sandwich Bars
For the base and topping -
200 g whole almonds
200 g rolled oats
200 g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes then drained
100 g desiccated coconut
2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
For the filling -
3 frozen bananas
3 tablespoon Nuttvia
50 mls almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First make the base and topping mixture: Place the ingredients in a food processor or high powder blender and blend well for at least 1 minute until the mixture is broken down and comes together like a flapjack consistency.
- Line a small tin (10x18cm) with greaseproof paper and press ½ of the mixture into it to cover the base evenly. Use your fingers to pack it in tightly.
- Next blend together all of the chocolate filling ingredients until quite thick and smooth then pour this over the base.
- Crumble the remaining mixture over the top to cover then gently press in. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer 10 minutes beforehand and lift out onto a chopping board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 6 bars - then enjoy!
|Carb||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|