Orange Pistachio Cake
0.5 cup butter, vegan or plain
0.75 cup Natvia
1.25 cup plain flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
0.66 cup cornmeal
1 orange, zested and juiced
0.5 cup finely chopped pistachios
0.5 cup vegan yogurt or greek
0 apricot jam, to serve (sugar free if desired)
- Preheat oven to 175°C and grease a cake or tart pan.
- Cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the Natvia and further paddle until well combined.
- Slowly add in the eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cornmeal, yogurt, orange zest, and juice and mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes and it is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Before serving, brush with melted apricot jam and sprinkle with pistachios if desired.