Paleo Banana Blueberry Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
Ingredients3/4 cup/75g/2.6 oz blanched almond flour 3/4 cup/75g/2.6 oz coconut flour 1/3 cup/40g/1.4 oz tapioca flour 1/3 cup/60g/2 oz Natvia 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt 3 large eggs 1/2 cup/125ml mild-flavored oil 2.25 tbsp/45ml/1.5 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar 1 1/2 cup/375g/13.2 oz mashed over-ripe banana (about 3 large) 1 1/2 cups/225g/8 oz fresh or frozen (not defrosted) blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180°C. Fill a 12-compartment cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (almond flour through salt) and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the oil, milk, vanilla and vinegar. Stir in the mashed banana.
- Fold the blueberries into the dry ingredients until they are lightly coated. (This helps prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins!)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry-blueberry mixture and gently stir to combine, being careful not to crush the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared cupcake tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool partially before serving or completely before storing.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.