PEAR & BLUEBERRY CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and moreover on our Youtube at Healthy Treats.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
200 g oat flour
30 g cacao or cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
Aquafaba from 1 x can chickpeas
150 g Natvia natural sweetener
60 mls oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pear, cored and diced
50 g frozen blueberries
6 tablespoon Nuttvia spread
For the topping -
200 g Quark
3 tablespoon Natvia natural sweetener
2 tablespoon coconut flour
2 teaspoon blueberry powders
0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mixture of frozen berries and cacao nibs, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C and place 6 muffin cases in a 6-hole muffin tin.
- Mix together the flour, cacao/cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl.
- Drain the chickpeas and keep the liquid - pour into a bowl. Use an electric whisk to whisk for 2-3 minutes until frothy. Pour in the Natvia and oil and whizz again until combined.
- Tip the flour mix into the bowl and gently fold in to form a batter. Stir in the pear pieces and blueberries gently.
- Fill each muffin case up to half. Add a teaspoon of Nuttvia in the middle then add the remaining batter on top of each to cover and reach the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and firmed up. Leave to cool.
- Beat together the Quark, coconut flour, Natvia, blueberry powder and vanilla until quite thick and smooth and chill until needed.
- Spoon over some of the topping over each muffin then decorate with a selection of berries and scatter over cacao nibs. Enjoy!