Persian Love Cake
1.5 cup almond meal
0.75 cup Natvia
0.5 teaspoon salt
60 g unsalted butter, softened
125 g Greek yoghurt, plus extra to serve
0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
0.5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
0.5 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 tablespoon shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- First, preheat the oven to 180C. To prepare, get a round baking tin land line up with baking paper.
- Combine the almond meal, natvia and a pinch of salt in a medium sized bowl. Add in the butter and rub the mixture together with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Spoon half a mixture from the bowl into a lined round baking tray and flatten evenly
- Add cardamon, nutmeg, cinnamon, egg and yoghurt to the remaining mixture and combine until smooth
- Pour rest of mixture on top of the original mix and smoothen. Sprinkle chopped pistachios around the edges
- Bake at 180 for 30 minutes until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean when poked into the centre.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan and serve with more pistachios and greek yoghurt.