Pineapple Upside down Cake
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
80 g butter
50 g Natvia (1/4 Cup)
200 g tinned pineapple in juice
0.50 tablespoon xanthum gum (can be found at health food stores)
170 g SR flour 1 ½ cups
pinch of salt
140 g Natvia (3/4 Cup)
115 g unsalted butter, softened
- Combine the butter, Natvia and ½ cup pineapple juice in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Simmer until reduced before whisking through the xanthum gum. Remove from heat and pour into a 22cm greased cake tin. Allow to cool. Place rings of pineapple into the cake tin.
- Combine the flour, salt and Natvia in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter until light. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in the flour and ½ cup of pineapple juice in batches until combined.
- Dollop the mix over the pineapple in the tin. And then smooth the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin. Flip onto a plate and serve with some desiccated coconut on top.