PLUM & ALMOND CAKE
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Serves: 6 - 8
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 35 - 40 minutes
100 g gluten-free flour
100 g oat flour
75 g ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
150 g natural yogurt
100 g Natvia natural sweetener
50 mls skimmed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
0.5 teaspoon almond extract
30 g flaked almonds
For the plums -
350 g plums, stoned and cut into slices
2 tablespoon Natvia natural sweetener
- First place the plum slices in a pan with 1-2 tablespoons water and the Natvia. Cook on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes until softened and the water has turned into a syrup then set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 20cm loose-bottom cake tin.
- Mix together the flours, ground almonds and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, yogurt, milk, Natvia, vanilla and almond extract then pour into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spoon this into the prepared tin and smooth out evenly. Spoon over the plum slices to cover in one single layer (don’t allow too much syrup to go over) then scatter over the flaked almonds.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|