Puff Pastry Sweet Palmiers
1.5 cup all purpose flour
1 cup butter, cold
0.25 cup water, cold
0 Pinch of salt
0 Pinch of Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
1 Homemade puff pastry sheet
0.75 cup Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
- In a large bowl combine the flour, Natvia and salt.
- Cube your cold butter and add it into the bowl.
- With two knifes, start cutting the butter to make tiny pieces and to start to combine it with the flour. You will end with a crumbly dough.
- Make a whole in the middle and pour your cold water.
- Stir until all the dough is combined. You will be able to see little pieces of butter but that is totally fine.
- Flour your working surface and place your dough.
- With a rolling pin start to make a big rectangle and then fold it in a little square, repeat this process at least 5 times.
- Wrap your puff pastry dough with wrapping paper and chill it for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200º C.
- Extend your puff pastry sheet with a rolling pin on a floured surface, make a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick.
- Sprinkle some Natvia on top of the puff pastry sheet, on both sides.
- Fold in two opposite sides, the sides will meet in the middle, repeat twice.
- Take one of the sides and fold it over the other one. The ends of the puff pastry will have the shape of lying down hearts.
- Cut your pastry into slices, not too thin, around ½ inch thick.
- Place them in a baking pan and sprinkle more Natvia on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.