Low Carb Pumpkin Pie
Makes 16 slices
85 g Melted Butter
1 cup Hazelnut Flour
0.25 cup Almond Meal
0.25 cup Natvia
0.25 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
0.25 teaspoon Nutmeg
0.25 Vanilla Extract
0 Pinch of Salt
340 g Pumpkin, peeled & diced
55 g Butter
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
0.25 teaspoon Ginger
0.5 teaspoon All Spice (general mixed spice)
0.5 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
0.5 teaspoon Nutmeg
1.5 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
0 Lemon Zest
- To start, preheat oven to 175°C.
- For the pie crust, start by adding the 1 cup Hazelnut Meal & 1/4 cup Almond Meal to a mixing bowl.
- Next, add the rest of the dry ingredients to the pie crust. Adding 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 cup Natvia, a pinch of salt and then stirring the mixture evenly.
- In a seperate small bowl, add 85g melted butter & 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and give a gentle quick stir.
- Begin to add the vanilla butter to the pie crust mixture whilst stirring.
- Once the mixture has become like soft dough, add to a large round baking tray, or multiple smaller baking trays. Use a flat spoon to pat the soft dough mixture down firmly.
- When flat and evenly spread, pre-bake the pie crust for 15 minutes at 175°C.
- Whilst the crust is baking, prepare the pumpkins by peeling and dicing so that there is approx 300 - 340g cubed pumpkins ready for the next step.
- Add the pumpkin cubes, along with 55g of butter to a saucepan.
- On top of the pumpkin and butter, add 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Add 1/4 Cup Natvia, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp all spice, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg to the mixture & stir.
- Add the saucepan mixture to heat and bring to the boil. Simmer the mixture then for another 15 - 20 minutes or until the cream has all been absorbed.
- Wait for the pumpkin mixture to cool slightly, then add to a bowl and begin to use an electric hand beater or use a food processor to blend mixture into a smooth puree.
- In a seperate bowl whisk 2 eggs. Add the whisked eggs to the filling mixture and continue to beat mixture.
- Once sufficiently blended and smooth, take the pie crust from the oven if you have not done so already and pour pumpkin mixture into the crust basin. Use a fork or spoon to evenly spread out and disperse the pumpkin filling.
- Bake finished pie at 175°C for another 15 - 20 minutes or until the filling has become firm.
- Add lemon zest to a bowl of cream if preferred, and serve delicious guilt free pumpkin pie with a side of zesty cream!