Raspberry Ripple Sweetcorn Ice Cream
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep + Cook: 1 hour + standing and freezing
500 g 2 Trimmed corn cobs
560 g coconut cream (2 1/4 cups )
500 mls unsweetened almond milk (2 cups)
1 teaspoon vanilla bean, split lengthways, seeds scraped
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
225 g fresh or thawed frozen raspberries (1 1/2 cups)
2 tablespoon Natvia, extra
80 g gluten and sugar-free corn flakes* (2 cups)
2 tablespoon Natvia
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
0.5 g vanilla extract
*Most brands of cornflakes contain added sugar. Look for a brand that has been naturally sweeteners. We used Nature's Path Organic Fruit juice Corn Flakes, available from selected health food stores.
- Using a sharp knife, cut kernels from cobs; reserve cobs. Place corn kernels, cobs, coconut cream, almond milk, Natvia, vanilla bean and seeds in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes or until corn is tender. Stand for 1 hour.
- Remove and discard corn cobs and vanilla bean. Blend or process corn mixture until smooth. Strain corn mixture; discard solids. Stir in vanilla extract until combined. Sprinkle xanthan gum over mixture and whisk until well combined. Refrigerate until cold.
- Transfer corn mixture to an ice-cream machine. Churn mixture following the manufactures instructions.
- Meanwhile, blend or process raspberries with extra Natvia until smooth. Swirl raspberry mixture through almost frozen ice-cream to create a ripple effect pour into a 1-litre (4-cup) freezer-proof container. Freeze overnight or until firm
- Cornflake Crunch: Preheat oven to 150C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place cornflakes, Natvia, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl; stir to combine. Spread cornflakes mixture over tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Break into small pieces.
- Serve ice-cream topped with cornflake crunch.