Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Makes 18 cupcakes
IngredientsCake 3/4 cup/180g/6.3 oz butter, room temperature 1 cup/180g/6.3 oz Natvia 2 eggs 1 cup/250ml/8.4 oz milk of choice 1 tsp apple cider vinegar 2 cups/300g/10.5 oz plain flour 1/4 cup/30g/1 oz cocoa powder 1 tsp baking soda 1 tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp red food coloring Icing 2 packets/500g/16 oz - light cream cheese, at room temperature 1/2 cup/125g/4.2 oz butter, at room temperature 2 cups/220g/8 oz Natvia Icing Mix 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line cupcake pans.
- Paddle the butter until light and fluffy. Add Natvia and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs and mix until combined.
- Mix together the first apple cider vinegar with milk and add to the mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Add the baking soda, the second vinegar, vanilla extract, and red food coloring and mix until combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Paddle butter and cream cheese together until lump free.
- Add the vanilla and Natvia Icing Mix and mix until fully combined and light and fluffy.
- Fill a pastry bag or ziplock bag fitted with a medium sized star tip or plain tip and pip on to cooled cupcakes.
- Keep in refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in an air tight container.