Rhubarb and Raspberry Frangipane Tart
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats.
Prep: 20 minutes
Baking: 40 minutes
150 g Oats
50 g Ground almonds
4 tablespoon Melted coconut oil
4 tablespoon Natvia
FOR THE RHUBARB AND RASPBERRIES:
3 Large sticks of rhubarb, chopped
3 tablespoon Orange juice
3 tablespoon Natvia
Large handful raspberries
FOR THE FRANGIPANE:
150 g Ground almonds
75 g Natvia
1 tablespoon Baking powder
1 tablespoon Flaxseed + 2 Tablespoons water
2 tablespoon Coconut oil, melted
2 -3 tablespoon almond milk
0.5 teaspoon Almond extract
Flaked almonds to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin.
- Place the oats and ground almonds in a food processor along with the melted coconut oil and Natvia and pulse until a flapjack-like mixture forms. Tip into the tin and press across the base and up the sides evenly. Set aside.
- Place the rhubarb chunks in a pan with the orange juice and Natvia. Cook on a high heat for a few minutes then turn down and simmer for 10 minutes until softened and excess liquid has evaporated. Set aside to cool a little then spoon over the tart case, scattering the raspberries over.
- Mix together the flaxseed and water and set aside for 10 minutes to form a gel. Then add into a bowl with the ground almonds, Natvia, baking powder, melted coconut oil, almond milk and extract and whisk well.
- Spoon this over the fruit mixture to cover and smooth out evenly. Scatter over the flaked almonds and bake for 35-40 minutes (cover with foil halfway) until golden and firmed up. Leave to cool in the tin then pop out, slice and serve.