Rustic Apple Crostata
0.66 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
0.125 teaspoon salt
0.25 cup cold butter, cubed
6.5 teaspoon cold water
0.125 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 big tart apple (peeled and sliced)
3 tablespoon Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 egg (slightly beaten)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Natvia Sweetener and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water and vanilla, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F/205 C.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough into 10 inch circle. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Put the sliced apple in the middle in circle within 2 inch of edges.
- Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Combine Natvia and cinnamon, sprinkle over filling.
- Brush the edges with beaten egg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!