Vegan Chocolate Easter Eggs
0.33 cup coconut butter
0.33 cup almond butter
0.25 cup Natvia
0.5 teaspoon vanilla essence
0.25 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 cup melted sugar free dark chocolate
- Add 1/3 cup of coconut butter into a large mixing bowl, as well as 1/3 cup almond butter. (see Natvia's how to make cashew butter & how to make coconut butter).
- Add 1/4 of Natvia to the mixing bowl with both butters.
- Add 1/2 tsp vanilla essence and mix until like dough.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of this mixture into a separate bowl.
- In the separate bowl, add 1/4 tsp turmeric whilst stirring gradually.
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to the mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Chill both bowls of the mixtures in the fridge for at least 10 mins.
- Once chilled, flatten 1 tbsp worth of the plain mixture into a ball and place 1/2 tsp of the yellow turmeric mixture in the centre of the ball and fold the plain mixture around so that the yellow mix is enveloped by the plain mixture.
- Roll into an even ball shape and cover with plastic wrap. Repeat for the rest of both mixtures.
- Place the finished plastic wrapped balls in the freezer for at least 30 mins.
- Whilst the eggs are in the freezer, melt 1 cup sugar free dark chocolate and set aside.
- Using a skewer, cover the firm eggs in melted dark chocolate, place back in the freezer to set.