Sticky Date Chocolate Muffins
Makes 10 muffins
160 g Organic dark chocolate
250 g Almond meal
200 g Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
4 tablespoon Natvia
4 eggs, beaten
40 g Coconut oil, melted and cooled
200 mls unsweetened almond milk
1.5 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tin with patty pans
- Place the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a simmering water until melted. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, Natvia, dates and baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and coconut oil and add to the dry ingredients along with the melted chocolate to form a muffin mixture.
- Fill up the prepared patty pans approximately 2/3 full and bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until cooked when a skewer is inserted.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for 1 minutes.