VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL STUFFED CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
250 g Medjool dates, pitted
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
0 A few drops of caramel or vanilla extract
1 teaspoon instant coffee (dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water)
0 Pinch of sea/Himalayan salt
2 tablespoon almond milk
1 cup oat flour
0.5 cup ground almonds
4 tablespoon cacao powder
50 g Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
2 tablespoon flaxseeds
0.5 teaspoon baking powder
0.5 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
200 mls almond milk
0.5 teaspoon white wine or apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoon almond or smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, make the date caramel: Place the ingredients into a food processor and blend for 1 minute on a medium-high setting until a smooth, quite thick paste forms. Scrape out into a bowl or tub and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Now make the chocolate muffins: Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together the almond milk, vinegar, melted coconut oil, nut butter, and vanilla.
- Pour this into the dry ingredients and fold in.
- Divide the mixture between 6 greased muffin tins - fill half. Add a teaspoon of the date caramel in the centre of each, then top with the remaining muffin mixture to cover.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and firm. Leave to cool then pop out the tin.
- Once cooled spread some of the extra date caramel on top and sprinkle with cacao nibs if you wish.