Sugar Free Choc Orange Scones
3 cup plain flour
4.5 teaspoon baking powder
0.25 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Natvia
0.25 cup butter, cold, cubed
0.5 cup dark chocolate chips (sugar free if desired)
0.5 orange, zested and juiced
1.25 cup milk of choice
2 tablespoon Extra butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder, then add salt and Natvia.
- Add the cubed butter and mix until pea sized pieces of butter form.
- Add the milk, orange zest and juice and mix just until combined. Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Place onto a floured surface. Roll dough out until 2cm thick, then use a scone cutter to cut out scones.
- Place onto the prepared pan and brush the tops with extra butter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and baked through.