Sugar free Hot Cross buns
Ingredients1 1/4 cup/310ml/10.3oz Milk warmed 16g/0.5 oz dried yeast 1/3 cup/60g/2oz Natvia plus 4 tsp for the glaze 4 cups/600g/1 lb 5 oz Plain Flour 2 tsp ground cinnamon 2 tsp ground allspice 1 tsp salt 1/4 cup/60g/3 oz Butter 1/2 cup/90g/3oz Dried Cranberries 3/4 cup/135g/4.7 oz Sultanas 2 eggs 1/3 cup/50g/1.7 oz Self-raising flour
- Whisk the milk, Natvia and yeast in a bowl until combined and leave to cool. Sift plain flour, cinnamon, all spice and salt into a large bowl. Rub in the butter using your fingertips.
- Stir in the sultanas, cranberries, eggs and yeast mixture. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 minute. Put the dough in large greased bowl and cover. Leave it in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Punch down and knead the dough until smooth. Shape into 12 balls. Put into 30cm x 20cm greased baking tray and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine self-raising flour and 60ml of water. Pipe crosses onto the buns. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Make glaze by placing 40ml and Natvia into a small saucepan and heating over a low heat until the Natvia has dissolved. Brush glaze over the warm hot cross buns.