Mixed Berry and Coconut Slice
Ingredients1 cup/90g/3 oz Almond meal 1/2 cup/45g/1.5 oz coconut flour 1/4 cup/45g/1.5 oz Natvia 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/4 cup/60ml cold coconut oil 1 each egg or flax egg 1 1/2 tbsp/30ml/1 oz almond milk 1/4 tsp almond extract 1/2 tsp liquid stevia 1 tbsp/7g/0.2 oz Shredded coconut 1/2 cup/60g/2 oz frozen mixed berries (thawed and dried off on absorbent paper towel) or fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Mix together flours, stevia, salt, cinnamon, baking powder & soda in a chilled bowl.
- Add chilled coconut oil in small lots throughout the dry ingredients and use a couple of knives to cut through and mix.
- Whisk the egg, milk, extract, and liquid stevia in a cup and add to the dry ingredients and mix through with a spatula.
- Add the coconut and berries and stir through gently.
- Place dough on to a baking paper lined oven tray and shape into a square or circle 1 inch thick, and cut into 8 squares or triangles. Leave spaces between each shape. This helps them cook better on the outside than one big slab.
- Cook for 15-20mins. Allow to cool on the tray for another 15mins before consuming. Enjoy!