Sugar free lime tart
Makes 12 slices
0.25 cup almonds
0.5 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoon melted butter
2 tablespoon Natvia
4 whole large eggs
0.5 cup Natvia
0.25 teaspoon salt
0.5 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
0.5 cup unsalted butter
0 Whipped cream, lime zest or fresh lime for dressing
- For the base, blitz the almond and macadamia nuts in a food processor.
- Add rolled oat and blend further, add melted butter and Natvia to the mix and combine with a spoon.
- Transfer to a greased round pan, press and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven at 155C.
- For the filling, whisk together the eggs in a saucepan until well combined, add the lime juice, lime zest, and Natvia.
- Put on low heat add butter, and keep whisking while cooking.
- When the butter is thoroughly mixed, remove from heat. Cool slightly or to room temperature.
- Pour into the base and chill in the fridge until the tart is set.
- Serve with whipped cream or lime garnish.