Sugar Free Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cups
Makes three peanut butter cups
Ingredients1/4 cup coconut oil (in liquid form) 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa 8-12 teaspoons Natvia (or to taste) 3 tablespoons 100% natural peanut butter optional: salt optional: crushed peanuts
- Arrange three cupcake liners (preferably plastic in texture to assist with removal at the end of the process) and place aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add in half the coconut oil, the cocoa and 6 teaspoons of Natvia, and mix well until all your ingredients have combined well. During this step taste your chocolate to ensure that it is sweet enough, if not add a teaspoon or two more into the mixture.
- Add half of this mixture into the cupcake liners and set into the freezer whilst you prepare the peanut butter centre.
- For your peanut butter centre, in a mixing bowl add in your peanut butter, 2 teaspoons of Natvia, and 1 tablespoon of your melted coconut oil and mix thoroughly. Your mixture should not be very runny nor should it be too thick. As an option if you like a salted chocolate/peanut butter, you may add your salt into this mixture and stir until all your ingredients have combined.
- Over your now frozen chocolate layer, add in your peanut butter and transfer your cupcakes back into the fridge for about 10 minutes until it sets again.
- If your remaining chocolate has thickened, you may heat it a little to ensure that it becomes more runny. Over your peanut butter layer, pour over the remaining chocolate and transfer your cupcake liners back into the freezer for your chocolate to set. Your chocolate will remain solid even when left at room temperature, however ideally store in an air tight container in your fridge.