Summer Berry Trifle Recipe
Makes 6 Servings
500 mls Full Cream Milk
60 mls Heavy Cream
1 Vanilla Pod
4 Egg Yolks
30 g Natvia
1 tablespoon Cornflour
0.5 cup Natvia
2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
0.75 cup Almond Flour
0.25 cup Coconut Flour
1 cup Raspberries
1 tablespoon Natvia
0 Half a lemon juice
0 Blueberries*Amount of fruit is up to, get fruity!
0 Cream (to garnish over the top)
0 Dark Chocolate (to grate over the top)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Measure out 500ml of full cream milk and 60ml of cream in a new saucepan. Use scales if you need to.
- Scrape a Vanilla pod and add it to the saucepan over low to medium heat whilst continuing to whisk together.
- Whisk 4 Egg Yolks, 30g Natvia, and 1 tbsp cornflour in a seperate, new mixing bowl.
- Start to add the milk, bit by bit whilst stirring the cornflour mixture in the bowl. Once the cornflour mixture has started to become more liquid, add this back to the saucepan with the rest of the milk and continue to whisk and heat the custard.
- The custard should be able to jiggle and wiggle if you shake the bowl around. If it is certainly jiggly, then flat cover the bowl of custard with plastic wrap to avoid a skin forming on the top, and set aside.
- To make the sponge cake, add 4 new eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 Natvia, and 2 tsp Vanilla Extract to the eggs, and use an electric whisker to begin to combine the ingredients.
- Once fluffy, measure out 3/4 cup of almond flour, and 1/4 coconut flour and mix the flour together evenly before adding to the wet sponge mix.
- Continue to stir the mixture together until it is all completely combined and evenly mixed.
- Fill a round, lined baking tray with the sponge cake mix and spread the contents around evenly
- Bake for 20 - 30 mins at 180°C or until golden brown (poke with a skewer to test).
- Add 1 Cup Raspberries to a new saucepan and begin heating.
- Add 1 tbsp Natvia, and squeeze half a lemon into the mixture whilst stirring over medium heat. Simmer with the lid on for another 5 minutes until the berry mixture has started to break down and become like syrup!
- Slice sponge cake into squares and create a sponge bottom layer inside of a trifle serving clear glass bowl.
- Once the bottom layer has been laid down, drizzle berry syrup over the bottom sponge cake layer.
- Add an even layer of strawberries around the edge of the sponge and berry drizzle.
- Add a sprinkling of raspberries and blueberries around the top of the sponge and berry mixture, with the strawberries circling around.
- Spoon a layer of custard on top of the fruity bottom layer.
- Once the custard has created the base for a 2nd layer, spread the rest of the sponge cake cubes on top of the custard to form a second sponge cake layer.
- Rinse and repeat the laying out of the berry drizzle, fruits and more custard.
- Once a second layer has been formed, top the custard evenly with another layer of any strawberries or fruits you have left.
- Spread an even layer of cream across the finished Berry Trifle, and top with any remaining strawberries and blue berries etc for decoration.
- For the final decoration, grate dark chocolate over the top of the finished Trifle recipe!