Triple Chocolate Layered Cake Squares
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and moreover on our Youtube at Healthy Treats.
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
2 chunks of cooked beetroot
150 mls almond milk
3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150 g oat flour
50 g almonds or hazelnuts
6 tablespoon cocoa powder
80 g Natvia
2 tablespoon flaxseeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
For the filling:
100 g cream cheese or fat-free Greek yogurt
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
2 tablespoon Natvia
For the chocolate drizzle:
1 tablespoon coconut oil
50 sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a loaf tin
- Make the chocolate cake part - Place the beetroot in a blender along with the almond milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla and whizz up until smooth.
- Add the oat flour, ground almonds or hazelnuts, cacao/cocoa powder, Natvia, flaxseeds, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and either blend again or mix in well to form a chocolate batter.
- Spoon this into your prepared tin, smooth out evenly and bake for 45 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile beat together the chocolate filling ingredients and keep in the fridge until needed.
- Once the loaf has cooled, turn out onto a chopping board and slice down the middle - then cut each half into 4 squares/rectangles then slice each piece horizontally across the middle.
- Spoon some of the chocolate filling on top of each base then arrange the other slice on top to sandwich together. Repeat.
- Now melt the coconut oil and dark chocolate then drizzle over each piece - now you’re ready to serve!