UPSIDE DOWN PLUM & GINGER POLENTA CAKE
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 30 Minutes
- 4-5 plums, halved and stoned
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Natvia natural sweetener
- 75g instant polenta
- 100g gluten-free plain flour
- 50g Natvia natural sweetener
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 250ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a 20cm cake tin (I used a fluted loose-bottomed tart tin.
- Place the plums (cut side down) then melt the coconut oil and whisk with the Natvia. Pour this over the fruit.
- Stir the polenta, flour, Natvia, ginger and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk the oil, eggs, milk and vanilla then pour this into the dry ingredients and mix to form a batter.
- Pour this over the plums and even out, then bake for 30 minutes until golden and firm to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Once cooled, flip out onto a board and scatter with dried rose petals if you wish. Cut into pieces and enjoy!