Vegan Apricot Plum Pie
2 packages of vegan/non-milk Graham Crackers or Graham Pie Crust crumb
0.5 cup coconut oil, melted
4 cup plums
4 cup apricots
3 tablespoon cornstarch
0.25 cup water
1 cup Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
2 tablespoon coconut or almond milk (optional)
- Take your crackers and put them into a clean plastic bag.
- With the help of a rolling pin, smash your crackers until you get really fine crumbs.
- You can also do this step with a food processor, both methods work perfectly!
- Mix your crumbs with your melted coconut oil and press it into a pie pan.
- Let it set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add your plums and apricots, sliced, with half a cup of Natvia and let it marinate for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Put that mixture into a pot and cook it on low heat until the plums and apricots release all their juices and become really soft.
- If you see that the fruits are not juicy enough, add the 2 tbsp. of coconut milk or any other milk of your preference.
- Keep stiring your fruits and add the rest of the Natvia, bring it to boil.
- Sift your cornstarch and mix it with the ¼ cup of water.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the pot with the plums and apricots and keep stiring until it thickens.
- Take it off the stove and let it cool down.
- Take your crust out of the refrigerator and pour your plum and apricot jelly inside.
- Take it back to the refrigerator to set for 1 hour before serving.