Vegan Blueberry Muffins
0.5 cup blended blackberries, not frozen
0.5 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2.75 cup all purpose flour
1 cup Natvia natural sweetener
0.5 teaspoon baking powder
0.5 teaspoon baking soda
0.5 teaspoon salt
0.33 cup coconut oil
10.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
0 Blackberries, not frozen (to put inside cupcake)
1 cup Natvia powdered sugar
0.5 cup vegan butter, cold
2 tablespoon non dairy milk
1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
0.25 teaspoon lemon juice
0.25 teaspoon salt
0 Lemon zest to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together blackberries, soy milk and vinegar and set aside to curdle for about 5-10 mins
- Sift together the flour, Natvia, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and mix.
- Add the oil and vanilla extract to the curdled soy milk and blackberries. Whisk well to combine. 5. Gently fold wet ingredients into dry, mixing until you have a smooth batter.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/3 full with mixture. Place a blackberry in each then fill another 1/3, covering the blackberry. Bake in oven for 18-20 mins or until a knife comes out without goo sticking to it. When they come out, let them cool briefly then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides and process for another minute. The mixture will be smooth and creamy. Ice the cupcakes and garnish with lemon zest.
- Lasts in the fridge for 2 weeks and the freezer for 6 months.