Vegan Pina Colada Cheesecake
Love Cheesecake? Strap in because this is going to blow your mind! We have a Vegan, Gluten Free and Guilt free Pina Colada Cheesecake! Whip this up to impress all your friends at your next dinner party.
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and moreover on our Youtube at Healthy Treats.
Prep: 40 Minutes
Chill: 5 Hours
200 g Medjool Dates
155 g Raw Walnuts (1 1/2 cups)
pinch Sea Salt
180 g Raw Cashews, soaked in hot water for an hour
1 Vanilla Pod, seeds scraped from the pod
150 mls Pineapple Juice
40 mls Coconut Oil, melted (1/3 cup)
1 tablespoon Natvia
200 g Coconut Yoghurt
pinch Sea Salt
Olive Oil or oil of choice, for greasing
- Grease a 20cm springform tin with olive oil and set aside.
- Prepare crust by adding dates to the food processor and blending until it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- Place the walnuts and salt into the processor and pulse into a meal. Add dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms - it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers.
- Tip the crust mixture into the springform pan, using your fingers press into the tin to make the base allowing the mix to come up the sides. Set in freezer to firm up.
- In a high-speed blender, add all of the filling ingredients and mix until very smooth- up to 2 minutes. If it won't come together or appears chunky, add a touch more pineapple juice or coconut yogurt. Blend until very creamy.
- Add the filling to the chilled crust and tap a few times to release any air bubbles. Then loosely cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and freeze until firm - about 4 hours or overnight. Before slicing and serving, let thaw slightly for about 20-30 minutes.