Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treat. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 - 25 minutes
- 1 ½ cups (220g) whole wheat plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup Natvia (65g)
- 3 large (390g) very ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- ¾ cup (175mL) soy milk or preferred non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup (60g) pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / 428°F and line and grease a 12-tin muffin tray.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and Natvia.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed banana, melted coconut oil, soy milk, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- 4. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of the dry ingredients and gently fold through until it’s fully combined. Add in the chopped nuts and fold through.
- 5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins, filling all the way to the top. Sprinkle with extra chopped nuts if desired. Bake at 200°C for 5 minutes, then with the oven door closed, reduce the temperature to 190°C / 375°F and continue baking for another 15-18 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven, leave to cool in the tray for 5 minutes before cooling completely on a cooling rack.