Chocolate Coconut Loaf
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30-40 minutes
420 g Butter beans, drained and rinsed (2 cups)
200 mls Milk of choice (3/4 cup)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
100 g Oat flour (2/3 cup)
50 g Desiccated coconut (2/3 cup)
50 g Ground almonds (1/3 cup)
80 g Natvia (1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon Baking powder
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHUNKS:
3 tablespoon Coconut oil
3 tablespoon Natvia
50 g Desiccated Coconut (2/3 cup)
75 g No added sugar Dark Chocolate
- First prepare the chocolate coconut chunks: Melt the coconut oil and Natvia then stir in the desiccated coconut and spoon into a small lined container (any shape) and smooth out. Melt the dark chocolate and pour over to cover, then sprinkle with coconut chips. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a loaf tin.
- ) Place the butter beans, milk, eggs and vanilla into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in the flour, coconut, Natvia and baking powder and blend again until a smooth and slightly thick batter has formed.
- Pour half of this into the loaf tin. Remove the chocolate coconut container and pop out, then roughly chop into pieces. Scatter over a generous amount to cover in a single layer.
- Spoon over the remaining batter then sprinkle over the remaining coconut chocolate pieces. Add a few more coconut chips over the top then bake for 30-40 minutes (cover halfway with foil) until firmed up and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin then pop out, drizzle over extra melted dark chocolate, cut into slices and enjoy!