Chocolate Digestive Biscuits
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 100g whole wheat plain flour
- 75g plain flour
- 40g Natvia
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 80g vegan butter
- 1-2 tablespoons soy milk or preferred non-dairy milk
- 70g sugar-free chocolate
- 5g coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 170°C / 338°F fan forced and line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the flours, Natvia, baking powder and salt. Rub in the butter using your fingertips. Using your hands, mix in 1 tablespoon of the milk at a time, until it creates a soft dough. I only needed 1 ½ tablespoons.
- Form the dough into a ball and place on an extra piece of grease proof paper. Roll it out to an even 1cm / ⅛inch thick. Using a 6cm /2.5inch cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as you can, placing them 3cm / 1inch apart on the baking trays. Reroll the dough scraps and continue cutting until you have no more dough.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Remove and leave to cool completely on the tray.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler and spread over the tops of the cooled biscuits.
- Leave to set or enjoy as is.