CRISPY CHOCOLATE, DATE & SEED ENERGY BITES
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 20 minutes
Cool: 2 hours
For the base -
75 g puffed quinoa
50 g chopped dried dates
3 tablespoon chia seeds
3 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoon coconut oil
3 tablespoon cashew or almond butter
4 tablespoon Natvia natural sweetener
For the topping -
4 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoon cashew butter
6 tablespoon Natvia natural sweetener
8 tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder
4 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Mix together the puffed quinoa, dates, chia seeds, seeds and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Gently melt the coconut oil, cashew/almond butter and Natvia then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Tip this mixture into a lined 9x9in tin lined with greaseproof paper and press down evenly. Place in the fridge.
- Meanwhile melt the coconut oil, cashew butter and Natvia then whisk in the cacao or cocoa powder to form a smooth sauce.
- Pour over to cover then scatter over the cacao nibs. Return to the fridge and leave for at least 2 hours to set.
- When ready to serve, lift out of the tin/tub onto a chopping board and cut into about 12 pieces. Enjoy!