Homemade Low Sugar Vanilla Slice
Ingredients2 ready-made puff pastry sheets 250ml milk 3/4 Cup Natvia 1 vanilla bean 3/4 cup cornflour 1/2 cup unsweetened custard powder 750ml thick cream 50g unsalted butter 3 egg yolks Natvia icing to dust
- Place pastry sheets on baking tray, bake 2 sheets for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Place milk in medium pan on medium heat, scrape vanilla seed from the bean, add to milk with the bean. Warm then set aside.
- Mix cornflour, custard powder, and Natvia in a bowl. Strain milk, discard the vanilla bean and seeds and add into the dry mix. Mix until well combined.
- Reheat the mixture, add cream and heat until the mix thickens and starts to boil.
- Mix in butter and egg yolks.
- Line a square baking pan.
- Place one baked puff pastry as base, pour the vanilla/custard mix into pan, and top with the other pastry sheet.
- Refrigerate overnight. Cut to size and serve