Orange Cashew Cream Biscuits
Prep: 15 Minutes
- 1 cup/120g Dates
- 1 cup/120g Cashews
- 1 cup/90g Desiccated Coconut
- 200g/7 oz Cashew butter
- 2 1/4 tbsp/45ml Coconut oil
- 3 tsp Nativa Sweetener
- 1/2 each Orange zested
- Starting with the Base, soak the dates in hot water for ten minutes or so to soften them.
- Drain and blend the dates, cashews and desiccated coconut into a fine consistency.
- Add a little coconut oil if using a less powerful blender to help the mix to stick.
- Press a tablespoon of the mix into a silicon cupcake case or cupcake cases.
- Moving onto making the cream, first step, blend together the cashew butter, coconut oil, honey and orange zest together before adding a teaspoon of the creamy mix over the the biscuit base.
- Leave to set in the fridge or freezer. Serve with a little sea salt or extra zest for that mid afternoon pick me up.