Orange Olive Oil Cake
Serves 12 slices
4 eggs, separated
0.66 cup Natvia
1 Zest of 1 orange
0.25 cup fresh orange juice
0.5 cup olive oil
0.75 cup gluten free flour
0.75 cup almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 170°C and grease a round cake pan.
- Set aside 2 tbsp of the Natvia.
- Whisk egg yolks and Natvia until light and fluffy, and a pale yellow.
- Add orange zest, juice, and olive oil and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and almond meal and mix until combined. Set Aside.
- In a clean bowl with a clean whisk, whisk egg whites until frothy, once frothy continue to whisk and slowly add in the reserved Natvia. Whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the whites into the yolks mixture, until just combined. Then fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Place into cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan while still warm.