Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Ingredients250g unsalted butter, softened 1 cup Natvia, plus extra for sprinkling 1 teaspoon vanilla essence 2 cups plain all-purpose flour ¼ cup cornflour ¼ teaspoon salt
- Line two 20x30cm cookie sheets with baking paper
- Beat the butter, Natvia and vanilla essence in a bowl of an electric mixer until combined.
- Sift in the flour and cornflour and add the salt, before stirring to combine using a spatula.
- Lightly flour the bench top and turn out the dough. Knead gently until it becomes smooth. If the dough is too dry, add a few drops of water as needed.
- Form the dough into a ball and then roll out with a rolling pin to approximately 2cm thickness.
- Using a small cookie cutter, cut into your desired shape and carefully place onto the baking paper lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle with a little extra Natvia. Cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (160C) until the edges start to become golden.
- Let cool on the tray for about 1 minute before carefully placing on a wire rack to cool. They will harden as they cool.
- TIP: When kneading if the dough is too crumbly, lightly wet your hands with cold water.