Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes
150 g buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
0.25 teaspoon ginger
0.25 teaspoon nutmeg
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
80 mls coconut oil
3 ripe bananas
7 tablespoon maple
3 large carrots
0.25 cup chopped walnuts
250 g organic, dairy free spread / margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
400 g Natvia
0.25 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a cupcake baking tray with cupcake liners.
- Peel and grate the carrots and leave to the side.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder and spices.
- In another bowl mash the bananas then mix in the coconut oil (melted but not hot) and maple.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, adding slowly and mixing as you go along. Once it is mixed, add the grated carrot and walnuts and mix again.
- Pour into the prepared tin and put in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Once it’s in the oven prepare the topping by mixing the ingredients really well then leaving in the fridge.
- Remove the cake from the oven and wait until it is completely cool before adding the topping. The topping will need to come out the fridge 5 minutes before you’re going to start adding it to the cakes.
- Add some more chopped walnuts to the top.