Vegan Apricot Granola Bars
0.5 cup Uncooked Quinoa
0.5 cup Rolled Oats
0.25 cup Sunflower Seeds
0.25 cup Pumpkin Seeds
0.5 teaspoon Cinnamon
0.5 cup Dried Apricots
0.5 cup Shredded Coconut
0 Pinch of Salt
0.25 cup Flaxseed Meal
1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
0.33 cup Natvia
0.5 cup Melted Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon Melted Dark Chocolate (vegan dark chocolate)
- Add 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, 1/2 rolled oats (gluten free if you want), and 1/4 cup each of the sunflower and pumpkin seeds to a baking tray and bake for 8 - 10 minutes at 165°C.
- Add this mixture to a mixing bowl as well as 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup dried apricots, 1/2 cup shredded coconut, and a pinch of salt.
- Before mixing the bowl of ingredients evenly together, also add 1/4 cup flaxseed meal, 1 tbsp chia seeds and 1/3 cup Natvia.
- Once the dry mixture has been evenly mixed together, add 1/2 cup melted coconut oil and stir evenly again.
- Add the mixture to a flat baking tray or flat container that is at least a few cm deep. Press flat and compress the entire mixture to form an even layer in the tray or container.
- Melt 1 tbsp worth (approximately) of dark chocolate (vegan) in a double boiler or other device.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the tops of the flattened and pressed mixture in the tray or container.
- Place the finished granola bars in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set before cutting into bar shapes and sizes.