VEGAN MANGO SORBET
- 1 cup (200mL) water
- ½ cup (95g) Natvia
- 520g fresh mango flesh, about 4 small mangoes
- 2 tablespoons (30mL) lime juice
- Begin by adding the water and Natvia to a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the sweetener has dissolved and then bring the mixture to the boil to cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and allow to chill in the fridge for a minimum of 3-4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Meanwhile, add the mango and lime juice to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and chill in the fridge until the sweetened water is cold.
- Mix the pureed mango with the chilled sweetened water and then pour into your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions for 30-40 minutes, or until smooth, creamy and looks similar to a soft serve.
- If you don’t own an ice cream machine, pour the mixture into a freezer safe plastic tub, cover and place in the freezer. Every ½ hour to an hour, give the sorbet a good stir so it freezes evenly and incorporates air. Continue this until a soft serve consistency is reached.
- Notes: Store covered in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.