Vegan Orange Chocolate Mousse
Preparation and setting time: 1 h
3 tablespoon coconut oil
0.5 cup raw cacao powder
0.5 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
250 mls coconut cream, whipped until thickened
180 mls aqua faba (the water from one can of chickpeas - use the chickpeas for something else delicious like hummus. Make sure you use unsalted chickpeas)
0.25 cup Natvia baking stevia
0 Zest from one orange plus extra for topping
1 tablespoon cacao nibs for topping
- Melt together coconut oil, vanilla paste and cacao powder in a saucepan over low heat. Stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and slowly fold in whipped coconut cream. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl with clean beaters beat the aqua faba until it is thick and fluffy and has increased in volume (5-10 minutes).
- Add Natvia baking stevia to the fluffy aqua faba and beat until just combined
- Fold through the chocolate coconut cream mixture
- Fold through the orange zest.
- Adjust flavour with extra zest as desired.
- Spoon into individual glasses or bowls and allow to set for at least 30 mins.
- Top with orange zest and cacao nibs! Enjoy!