Vegan Snickers Cheesecake Slice
1 cup Pitted dates
1.5 cup raw walnuts
Pinch of sea salt
1.5 cup raw cashews
0.25 cup Natvia
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
3 tablespoon Sunflower oil
3 tablespoon Peanut butter
0.5 cup Coconut milk
Pinch of salt
0.75 cup Pitted dates
1 tablespoon Peanut butter
90 g Chopped vegan no-added sugar dark chocolate
0.75 cup Roasted salted peanuts
- Soak cashews in a bowl of hot water for one hour. Set aside.
- To prepare the base, in a food processor or blender, add pitted dates, walnuts, and a pinch of salt before blending well. In the case of the mixture being too dry, add a few more dates into the blend. If the mixture is too wet, add more walnuts to the mixture and blend.
- Press the base into a baking tray until flat. Make sure base is firmly packed to the bottom of the dish and place in freezer to set.
- To make the filling add your drained, soaked cashews to a high-speed blender, along with vanilla extract, Natvia, coconut milk, sea salt, peanut butter and sunflower oil to a blender or food processor. Blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour filling over the frozen base. Tap on counter to release any air bubbles.
- To make the topping, in a food processor or blender add dates and 1 tbsp hot water and blend. Add another tbsp of water if required. Add peanut butter and blend well.
- Layer this mixture over the filling and smooth out.
- On a stove top, melt vegan dark chocolate. Layer over filling and smooth out.
- Top with crushed peanuts and freeze fro 4 - 6 hours
- When ready to serve, leave cheesecake to thaw briefly.