Watermelon and Mint Protein Ice Blocks
IngredientsWATERMELON 750g watermelon (approx. an 1/8th of a watermelon) juice of 2 limes 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (use vegan to make dairy free) 125 ml water 1/3 c natural sweetener 2 tbsp coconut milk 1 tbsp lime zest COCONUT & MINT STRIP 200 ml light coconut milk (can use regular or coconut cream) 2-3 tbsp mint (fresh and finely chopped) 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder 1 tbsp desiccated coconut 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- Mix the coconut strip ingredients in a bowl. Line a 8×4 inch loaf tin with baking paper and pour the coconut batter into the tin and freeze for 30mins-1 hour.
- In a pan bring the water and natural sweetener to the boil. Whilst it’s boiling blend the watermelon, pour half the blended watermelon into the pan, add the lime juice and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Then let it cool.
- Add the protein powder, coconut milk and lime zest to the remaining watermelon in the blender and blend until smooth. Then combine the two watermelon mixes. Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Remove the coconut batter from the freezer and pour the watermelon mix over the top, then place it back into the freezer for 8-10 hours or over night.
- At about 3-4 hour, when it is semi frozen, stick in straw (cut in half). Once it has frozen cut into 8 slices.