CHERRY ALMOND CRUMBLE SLICE
Makes 12 slices
1.25 cup flour
0.33 cup Natvia
1 cup ground almonds
0.25 cup Cocoa powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
185 g butter, chopped
680 g jar sour cherries, drained
250 g Cream Cheese, softened
1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line and grease a medium square pan.
- Combine the flour, Natvia, almonds, cocoa, cinnamon and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture resemble fine crumble.
- Put ¾ of the mix into the base of the pan. Set aside the remaining mixture and chill.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and lay the cherries over the top.
- Mix cream cheese orange rind until smooth, then spread over the base. Lay the leftover chilled dough over the top.
- Bake for another 40–45 minutes. Cool and serve.