R U OK Day Cookies
Serves 28 biscuits
Prep 20 minutes
Cook/Chill 30 minutes chilling + 15 minutes baking
280 g Unsalted Butter, melted
250 g Natvia
300 g Gluten Free Plain Flour, plus extra for rolling
0.5 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
0.25 teaspoon Baking Powder
0.5 teaspoon Salt
1 Egg, Lightly Whisked
1 teaspoon Vanilla
99 g Natvia Blitzed
2 teaspoon Milk
Food colouring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170C (fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, Natvia, bicarb soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the butter, egg and vanilla. Mix to combined
- Mould the dough into a flat round and wrap in glad wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once rested, remove from the fridge and roll the dough out using a rolling pin to 1.5cm thickness (dust with flour if the rolling pin is sticking to the dough).
- Using cookie cutters, cut rounds and place on the prepared tray.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to set on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing combine the Natvia and milk in a bowl. Mix ensuring there are no lumps. Add the food colouring until the desired colour is achieved.
- Pipe the icing on to biscuits and share with friends