Simple Vegan Rock Cakes
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Ingredients1¾ cups (250g) plain all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon (4g) baking powder ⅓ cup +1 tablespoon (80g) Natvia 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon mixed spice ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon (80g) vegan butter ½ cup (100g) sultanas ½ cup (140mL) soy milk or preferred dairy free milk
- Preheat oven to 190°C/ 375°F and line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, Natvia, cinnamon and mixed spice.
- Rub in the vegan butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Stir in the sultanas. Pour in the milk and mix until just combined. Do not over mix as this will result in dense rock cakes.
- Drop heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto the grease proof paper, leaving a 5cm gap between each. The trick here is not the have perfect looking balls, rather a more textured appearance so they look like rocks.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Leave to cool on the trays for 5 minutes before serving.