Sugar Free Crumpets
2 teaspoon dried yeast
0.5 cup warm water
1.5 cup plain flour
0.5 cup milk of choice
1 teaspoon Natvia
0.5 teaspoon salt
0.5 cup water
0.25 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine yeast and warm water and set aside for 10 minutes until yeast has bloomed.
- Combine yeast water, plain flour, milk, Natvia, and salt and mix until full combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to proof until doubled in size, about an hour.
- Add remaining water and baking soda and mix until combined and smooth.
- Cover again and let it rest for 30 minutes to rest.
- Using a nonstick pan brushed with oil, over low heat place egg rings. Fill each egg rings with 1/4 cup of batter and cook for 6-7 minutes until the base is golden brown, bubbles appear, and the top is set.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.