Vegan Nanaimo Bars
1 cup unsweetened coconut
0.25 cup cocoa powder
0.25 cup almond flour
0.25 cup Natvia
0.25 cup coconut oil
1.5 cup macadamia nuts
2 tablespoon Natvia
3 tablespoon Coconut Oil
2 tablespoon Vanilla Protein powder (vegan protein!)
85 g Dark Chocolate
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add all the dry ingredients apart of the bottom layer to a new mixing bowl and evenly stir.
- Once mixed, add 1/4 cup coconut oil and stir the mixture around. It should now be a damp chocolate looking material. Spread this bottom layer into a long and flat baking tray or similar square shaped box that can fit in the fridge! Place the bottom layer in the fridge to chill whilst making the middle layer.
- For the middle layer, start by adding 2 tbsp of protein powder (vegan) to a blender. Also add 2 tbsp Natvia to the mixture in the blender.
- Add 1 & 1/2 cup of macadamias and 3 tbsp coconut oil to the blender and blend the mixture until it has formed a runny liquid. Pour the liquid layer on top of the chilled bottom layer and set it again in the refrigerator (freezer) for at least 30 mins.
- For the top layer, melt 85g of sugar free dark chocolate along with 1 tbsp coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Once the chocolate as melted, pour and evenly spread on top of the previous two layers and place it back in the freezer for at least another 30 mins.
- Cut it into slices and enjoy a delicious vegan treat!