Flourless Chocolate Cake
Ingredients150g/5.3 oz organic butter chopped 3 tbsp/21g/0.7 oz Cacao Powder sifted 4 eggs, separated 1/2 cup/90g/3 oz Norbu 2 cups/180g/6 oz almond meal 1 tsp vanilla extract Cacao powder for dusting coconut cream and strawberries to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm round (base) spring-form cake pan.
- Place butter, cacao powder in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and combined. Remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar for 5 minutes or until thick, add vanilla extract and set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add chocolate mixture and almond meal to egg yolk mixture. Stir to combine.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently fold half the egg whites into chocolate mixture. Repeat with remaining egg whites.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool cake completely in pan. Dust with cocoa. Serve with cream and strawberries.