Lemon, Poppy Seed & Almond Loaf
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
For the loaf -
100 g ground almonds
100 g gluten-free flour
150 g instant polenta
75 g Natvia natural sweetener
3 tablespoon 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
0.5 teaspoon baking powder
100 mls melted coconut oil
150 mls almond milk
Grated zest and juice of 3 lemons
0.5 tablespoon almond extract
To glaze -
3 tablespoon Natvia natural sweetener + 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
Juice of 1 lemon
To decorate (optional) -
Melted no added sugar white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Mix together the ground almonds, flour, polenta, Natvia, poppy seeds and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk together the coconut oil, almond milk, lemon juice and zest and almond extract then pour into the dry ingredients to form a batter.
- Pour this into the tin and smooth out evenly. Bake for 30-40 minutes until risen and golden. Allow to cool for 15 minutes then use a skewer to poke holes on top of the loaf. Whisk together the Natvia, coconut oil and lemon juice and pour over - leave to allow to soak in.
- Once the loaf has cooled, remove from the tin and place on a serving board. Decorate if you wish - then enjoy!