Low Carb Chocolate Cake
Makes 8 slices
45 g Cocoa powder (1/2 cup)
125 mls Boiling water (1/2 cup)
120 g Natvia (2/3 cup)
135 g Coconut oil, melted (3/4 cup)
150 g Almond meal (1 2/3 cup)
0.5 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line and grease a round cake pan.
- Whisk together cocoa powder, boiling water, Natvia in a bowl. Add the vanilla.
- In another bowl, beat eggs for about 3 minutes until the mixture is pale yellow and thick.
- Add coconut oil to egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Add almond meal, baking soda and cocoa mixture until combined.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- The sides will be set and the centre will look slightly damp. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before serving.